NEW READ!! ADMISSION INTO POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES FOR 2020/2021 SESSION
M.SC. Pipeline Engineering, M.Sc. Offshore Engineering & M.Sc. Subsea Engineering
ADMISSION FOR 2020/2021 SESSION
NOTE: 1:ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL IS NOW OPEN. ALL APPLICANTS MUST FILL OUR ONLINE APPLICATION BEFORE PROCEEDING TO MAKE PAYMENT.
2. ENSURE YOU SCAN AND RENAME YOUR PASSPORT TO FIRSTNAME.SURNAME BEFORE UPLOAD (E.g David.Jaja).
FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES, EMAIL: email@example.com, or call +2347067281841
Introduction: The Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt (OTI-UNIPORT) is a Postgraduate energy Institute offering educational support and direction to the Oil and Gas Industry through the development and delivery of leadership, management and technical education specifically relevant to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. It partners TechnipFMC and reputable oil and gas companies to carry out Teaching, Research and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) directed at the sustainability of the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Its aim is to provide skilled and competent manpower resource relevant to the needs of the energy industry in Nigeria & abroad. Graduate Programmes of the InstituteThe M.Sc Programmes include Pipeline Engineering, Offshore Engineering and Subsea Engineering in collaboration with TechnipFMC Technologies. The environment in the Institute is conducive for learning, students have access to audio visual aids, e-learning and internet facilities. Students undergo: 3-months internship in relevant companies, underwater training such as BOSIET/HUET and field trips. Students are encouraged to live and work together thereby enhancing the development of team spirit. The Teaching Faculty consists of Lecturers from the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), other Universities within and outside Nigeria, Lecturers from Professional Institutions abroad, as well as experts from the Industry. At the end of this programme, the graduate will among other skills, be able to:
- work methodologically and logically to solve real-life problems in the face of conflicting requirements.
- evaluate , explore and manage offshore oil & gas fields
- design, construct and install multiphase flow pipelines, risers, umbilicals and jumpers
- operate and supervise onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- use ORCAFLEX / PIPEPHASE / ANSYS software
Duration: The Programme shall be 12 calendar months of Intensive Full Time study or 48 months of flexible Part-Time study.Award of Degree: Upon completion of the programme successful students shall receive a Masters’ Degree (MSC) awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.Professional Certification: Students will be presented for Offshore Petroleum Training Organization (OPITO) Certification.Admission Requirements: Candidates must possess a minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Second Class Honors (Upper Division), in any branch of Engineering and should have completed their NYSC before September, 2020. Consideration may be given to Sponsored Company Staff, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a scale of 5.00.Application Processing Fee: A non – refundable Application Processing Fee of Twenty Thousand (
N20,000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port- Harcourt. Application Form can be obtained on-line www.otiuniport.org. The Form should be completed and submitted online. But hard copy of the completed Form along with the Bank Draft should also be submitted in person or via courier to: The Director, Offshore Technology Institute (OTI), ETF Gas Engineering University Park (UNIPARK), P.O. Box 50, Uniport Post Office, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt. Important dates to remember: (Any change will be displayed on our website)
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to: The Director, Offshore Technology Institute, University of Port Harcourt, on or before Friday, 18th September 2020.
- Aptitude Test holds on Thursday, 15th October 2020. Oral Interview for short-listed candidates shall be on Friday, 16th October 2020.
- Academic activities shall commence in November, 2020.
- For enquiries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (0)703 442 2101
Scholarship: Candidates are expected to seek sponsorship from corporate bodies, PTDF, State Government and other sponsoring agencies. SignedMrs. Dorcas D. OttoRegistrar